29th January, Launch of Crohn's and Colitis association
Launching of the Malta Association of Crohn’s and Colitis (MACC)
The Malta Association of Crohn’s and Colitis (MACC) will be officially launched at the Medical School Auditorium, Mater Dei Hospital, Msida on Friday, 29th January, 2010 at 7.30pm. The main aims of the Association are to offer support to persons and relatives of persons suffering from Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis, to help them improve their quality of life and to promote public awareness about these chronic conditions. It also intends to promote patients’ needs and rights and to encourage and promote research.
During the launch activity, the President of the Association, Dr Mary Grech Pace, will give her address and local experts in the field will talk about the two conditions in the Maltese context. Among the speakers in the activity, there will be:
- Dr. Kenneth Grech, Permanent Secretary in the Health Ministry, Malta
- Prof. G. Laferla, Chairman Department of Surgery, Mater Dei Hospital
- Dr. Mario Vassallo, Chairman Department of Medicine, Mater Dei Hospital
- Dr. Thomas Attard, Consultant Paediatrician, Mater Dei Hospital, and
- Ms. Valerie Vella, Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Mater Dei Hospital.
Those who are interested in Crohn’s and Colitis and in the new Association are invited to attend this activity.